The phrase strength & conditioning is becoming more common outside of the sports world. But did you know that it can benefit EVERYONE?
5 ways strength & conditioning can benefit you:
- Increase cardiorespiratory fitness (how efficiently your heart, lungs, and blood work together to transport and utilize oxygen throughout your body).
- Increase or maintain muscle mass. After a certain age, humans naturally begin to gradually lose muscle mass. Muscle is vital in everyday activities, so it’s important to preserve as much as we can.
- Improve quality of life. The ability to walk independently is directly related to a high quality of life.
- Improve mood (and decrease stress). Studies show that regular, meaningful movement has been shown to improve mood and decrease stress.
- Improve joint stability and mobility. Muscle tone is one of the most important dynamic stabilizers of joints in the body.
Try a strength & conditioning workout!
If you are ready to incorporate more strength and conditioning into your workout routine, try out Spring Training with KaisaFit, and her all-star team of coaches. This program includes new strength, conditioning, and active recovery workouts a week, for four weeks. Try the first class, and let us know what you think!