Sure, you’ve heard it all before — water is essential for your body to function properly. But why? It might have something to do with the fact that adult humans are made of 60% water, and our blood is 90% water. That’s a lot of agua!
There are ENDLESS reasons that it’s important to stay hydrated, here are a few of my favorites:
Water works as lubrication for your joints! The cartilage found in your joints and discs of your spine contain about 80% water, so keeping them hydrated can ensure the joints’ shock-absorbing ability and fend off pain.
It boosts your skin health. In the battle of anti-aging, your cheapest and most effective tool is water consumption. It helps to bind moisture in the skin and stalls premature wrinkling.
Body temp beware — water is a regulator! Water is stored in the middle layer of the epidermis and when the body heats up, it rises to the top as sweat. As it evaporates, it cools the body down. So, when you’re moving, water is what helps you do it with more ease!
The National Academy of Medicine estimates that most adults need 90-125 oz. of water a day. Need help incorporating it into your daily routine?
Try these helpful tips:
1. Set a daily goal—setting a goal always helps me to keep something top of mind. There are a lot of different water tracking apps that can help with this OR just record your intake in your Notes app!
2. Buy a reusable water bottle—not only will this help with your single plastic use, but it will be your constant reminder to take a sip!
3. Are you a fan of soda or juice? Replace one of those with a glass of water!
4. Eat more foods that are higher in water content like lettuce, celery, zucchini, cabbage, watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew melon!
5. Drink one glass of water when you wake up and one right before bed.
Hope these tips help you get your water on Team! Drink up! 🙂